Online CPR & First Aid Guide for Families
The more people who know CPR, the better survival rates can be for people who experience cardiac events or other health issues. Most cardiac issues do not occur at a hospital or in the presence of medical personnel. This means that people without medical training will often need to step in with assistance in an emergency. Even a basic understanding of first aid can help you respond correctly in a medical emergency.
- First Aid and CPR Links: View links for EMS services and education on this Web page.
- CPR and First Aid Courses: The University of Texas Arlington provides information about CPR courses on this page.
- Learn First Aid and CPR: Disaster Readiness Links: Explore disaster readiness links here.
- CPR and First Aid Discounts for Irving ISD Teachers: The Irving Independent School District offers discounts for teachers on this Web page.
- EMS CPR and First Aid Resources: View EMS resources listed on this page.
- Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED: This publication provides information and instructions about how to perform pediatric first aid.
- Learn CPR/First Aid: You Can Do It!: View the graphics on this Web page to see basics of CPR.
- First Aid and Emergency Preparedness: WebMD offers a guide to first aid for a variety of situations.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR): First Aid: The Mayo Clinic provides instructions for performing CPR here.
- First Aid and Injury Prevention: Learn more about what to do in a medical emergency on this page.
- About First Aid and CPR: Explore CPR to learn what is involved in performing it.
- How to Perform CPR and First Aid: The Crucial Steps You Should Know: Carrington College offers information about CPR on this Web page.
- CPR & AED Guidelines: Learn CPR and AED guidelines on this site.
- Guidelines For First Aid: Performing CPR: Read an interview that discusses performing CPR here.
- First Aid Basics: The Australian government offers these tips on basic first aid techniques.
- How to Perform First Aid and CPR: Learn the basic components of CPR on this Web page.
- Learning First Aid and CPR is Simple-and Simply One Thing We Should All Know: This site offers instructions for performing CPR, as well as a video.
- Emergency Medical Service Dispatch CPR Prearrival Instructions to Improve Survival From Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest: This report details how CPR improves the survival rate of people calling for emergency services.
- First Aid: Hands-Only CPR Skips Steps But Saves Lives: This report explains how people may avoid mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, but hands-only CPR can save lives.
- Choking Prevention and First-Aid for Infants and Children: Explore how to prevent choking episodes in children on this Web page.
- First Aid and CPR Links: The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University offers a list of resources and links here.
- CPR and First Aid Information: The Ryan White HIV/Aids Program: Roper St. Francis provides links and resources for clients.
- Carleton College CPR and AIDS/HIV Resources: Carleton College lists AIDS and HIV resources for students.
- HIV and First Aid Resources: This AIDS project offers a list of resource links for patients.
- First Aid: OSHA's Bloodborne Pathogens Standard: OSHA provides information about bloodborne pathogens that can infect people.
- First Aid: Bloodborne Pathogens and Hazard Communications Standards: This report details how OSHA standards protect people in the workplace from bloodborne pathogens.
- First Aid Information: What are Bloodborne Pathogens?: Learn about bloodborne pathogens and how they can risk health.
- First Aid Protection: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Reduces Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens: Learn about the equipment employers can provide employees to protect them from bloodborne pathogens.
- Bloodborne Pathogens: CPR and First Aid: The University of Wisconsin-Madison explains how to implement an exposure plan for bloodborne pathogens.
- Preventing the Spread of Bloodborne Pathologens: First Aid Information: This Red Cross publication describes safety with bloodborne pathogens.
- Exposure Control Plan and First Aid for Bloodborne Pathogens: Explore this exposure control plan to manage bloodborne pathogens.
- First Aid Information for Preventing Exposures to Bloodborne Pathogens among Paramedics: This publication explains how paramedics can minimize exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
- Bloodborne Infectious Diseases First Aid: HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C: The CDC explains workplace risks from bloodborne infections.
- Frequently Asked Questions About First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens: Explore frequently asked questions about bloodborne pathogens to learn about the risks.
- Bloodborne Pathogens and First Aid: The Minnesota Department of Health explains bloodborne pathogens and their dangers.
- Infection Control, Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid, and Hazardous Materials: Learn about infection control methods that can control the spread of bloodborne pathogens.
- First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, and Exposure Control: The Wisconsin Department of Health Services describes common risk factors for bloodborne pathogens in the workplace.
- First Aid and Exposure Control Manual for Bloodborne Pathogens: The state of Tennessee offers information about how to control exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
- Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid and Infection Control: The state of Connecticut offers advice and information for infection control in the workplace.
- Health and Safety Policy: First Aid (PDF): Learn how to perform first aid safely with this guide.